Help please (Golf Course Footage)

Tylere

Reaction score
Hello! I offered to capture some footage for a local golf course, I’m hoping to create a portfolio for other golf courses to hire me.

Any tips or thoughts? Ideas of shots, anything at all? I have an FPV, and Air 2s.

You could make a specialty of shooting a putt on the green from vertically above, but I can't see that shooting the rest of the game from anywhere above brings any particular benefit.

You could make a specialty of shooting a putt on the green from vertically above, but I can't see that shooting the rest of the game from anywhere above brings any particular benefit.
I tend to disagree. I have more links time than drone stick time and would say that a brief flyover of each hole from the tee to the green would be helpful. I can make a mental note of hazards like water and sand traps and plan my approach.

Let us know how it works out!

Fair enough, but that is a static mapping exercise for the benefit of an individual player. Surely golf clubs will have some sort of map of their courses already? Google maps even?

Fair enough, but that is a static mapping exercise for the benefit of an individual player. Surely golf clubs will have some sort of map of their courses already? Google maps even?
Yeah, sorry, I read yours again and realized you referred to watching the action.
Let's be honest: watching golf matches on TV is BOR-ING.
What if you could "chase" the shot in real time? Networks try to simulate it, so the real deal would be a gain.
Or let's say there were a very technical shot. You could fly a preview through the trees, over the water.
Given you had permission, of course...

Tylere, the original poster, has not been seen since that original post. I don't see much point in further speculation if he's not going to take anything on board.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Edsland