Hello everyone!

nicktrjo

Reaction score
Thanks for adding me! I recently received my part 107 FAA certification and am interested in pursuing business opportunities in Aerial photography. However, I have a ton of questions. What is the best or most preferred drone people are using? What type of industries is their a high demand for drone service? Is there anything I need to know prior to start up? Ect. Again, thank you for the add and I look forward to hearing from you all!

Reactions: GFields
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

I recently received my part 107 FAA certification and am interested in pursuing business opportunities in Aerial photography. However, I have a ton of questions. What is the best or most preferred drone people are using?
The great many Professional Drone Commercial Pilots fly DJI Drones. But before you even begin to ask what drone should you get, you need to decide what you want to do with a drone and where (city, suburbs, rural, forests, water (inland waterways or coastal), industrial, public service (fire, rescue, police… etc…), governmental (state or federal), etc… It's not all taking "pretty pictures and videos".

A $500 drone might be perfect if all you want to do is shoot real estate, while a $5,000 drone might be needed for topographic surveys…

I would suggest you get active on other Drone web sites and read the postings in the various subforums so you will be able to ask "intelligent questions…".

is a good source for DJI Drones and reading the reviews posted by the folks who fly them…

is a good source for Autel Drones and reading the reviews posted by the folks who fly them…

Finally, Google other drone clubs, organizations, and read lots of reviews on YouTube.

And if you decide to go used, Remote Identification (RID) on all drones used in a commercial practice is required to be registered and must transmit RID after 16 Sept 2023. So, if you decide to buy used and the drone is not RID Compliant, you will need to get a RID Module and that's a separate cost…

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: GFields

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbaugh66