H440 video recording insanity!

Tim091

Reaction score
Due to the totally pointless instruction manual I am having a nightmare trying to figure out how to record video. I did what I thought was right (long press on the camera button on the remote) but couldn't find any vids in the app afterwards, still pics yes but not vids.

I eventually found the vids in the phone gallery, not the app gallery which is where the stills are!! However, the vids are rubbish quality, 720p. Not the advertised 1080.

Then I discover there is an SD card slot!! Not mentioned anywhere in the blurb about the H440! After failing with two cards I eventually had success with a 64Gb one (specs, now that I have found them, say maximum of 32gb only...).

But just how do you specify that you want the drone to record to the SD card and not stream it to the phone? I figured that if the phone is not connected then it will have to record to the SD card when you press record on the RC. NOPE. It doesn't record anything.

Okay, so I connected the phone this time wondering if it would record to the SD card and the phone perhaps? NOPE.

It is seeing the card as it has added two folders on to it, one for Photo and one for Video.

In the Video folder is a 19mb file with a .part extension, suggesting that it did something. Obviously this is not a video file though!

I am close to throwing the bleeding thing in the bin! Any ideas?

Turning off drone power before ending the video recording corrupts the file, but cycling the drone power on and off might fix it.

Reactions: Jack N Dixie
Turning off drone power before ending the video recording corrupts the file, but cycling the drone power on and off might fix it.
Ooh, thanks. I may have done that. I will try again.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sasakii