Getting your video from drone to PC

Spikemixture

Reaction score
Getting your video from drone to PC

I am posting this on a few boards as I want several thoughts on how people get this done.
I want the most functional way to get this job done.

So the microSD is in your drone.
One option is connect your drone to your PC which works but not simple enough IMO

But where do you put the card when you take it out of your drone.
I do not have a laptop with a microSD slot.

ATM I take out the card and stick it in a small USB key, then put the key in a usb slot on the PC.
Then find the usb drive and copy the files to the designated folder on my NAS (via the PC)
It's not functional and is fiddly!

I have ordered a little box with a microSD slot connected to a USB 3 slot in my PC.
(UGREEN 15CM All in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Support 256G for SD TF Memory Card- USB 3.0)
This will sit permanently on my desk ready at anytime to have a card inserted.

So how do u get your media from drone to PC?

I use a multi-card adaptor from Rosewill. The adaptor plugs into PC via USB and accommodates five different style / size SD cards. With the Micro-SD I usually first put the micro into the adaptor as it's easier for my fat fingers...

Attachments

• IMG_1585.jpg
    IMG_1585.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1586.jpg
    IMG_1586.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 1
This is what I use. I still have to take the micro sd out of the drone but I am okay with it.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 0
I use the SD adapter that came with my micro SD card. Just put the micro SD in the adapter and put the adapter in the SD card slot on laptop. Copy files to computer This is not my card, just an example of the adapter. No need to tell me it is too big.

41fVwrPZ9BS._AC_SR160,160_.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordyy