FPV Maneuvering Tips and Assistance....

AirBoudreaux

Reaction score
Good day!

I am posting in hopes that I might get some assistance in the realm of FPV flying. I currently have my Part 107 and fly a DJI M30T for one of the largest O&G producers in the Gulf of Mexico. I also own and operate a small business in my hometown where I fly a Phantom 3, Air S, and an Air 3. I do basic photography and videography and various visual inspections. I just recently purchased a DJI Avata 2 in hopes of adding a different point of view to the videos I produce. I would consider myself more than capable on the camera drone sticks, but the FPV controls are presenting a pretty steep learning curve. I say that in terms of being able to get cinematic shots and properly framing my subjects. I am confident in the actual flying of the drone. I will follow that up with saying I have only used the motion controller 3 at this point but plan on getting the FPV RC-3. I will add to that that in no way shape or form was I ever cocky enough to think that I would just be able to pick this thing up and roll with it!! I knew I would be starting from scratch essentially!

I am looking for tips or pointers on specific controller movements that might help with better control and framing of shots. Any videos or websites that might breakdown certain maneuvers by the actual controller motions? I have been trying to combine using the wrist movements in conjunction with the thumb joystick and I am having trouble, as I said, framing and keeping my subjects in view. Am I going about this correctly? Are there some settings that I may need to adjust? I have also tried to incorporate the headtracking with this. I think it may help slightly but I didnt want to overload myself too much right off the bat with trying to learn a completely new flying style.

One example I can give is trying to do a dive. I know this drone can do a pretty steep dive but the steepest that I can dive at seems to be right at about 45° give or take. Would the best way to get steeper be to add the joystick AND use the head-tracking to look down, or am I thinking of this the wrong way??

Thank you in advance for your help!

Good day!

I am posting in hopes that I might get some assistance in the realm of FPV flying. I currently have my Part 107 and fly a DJI M30T for one of the largest O&G producers in the Gulf of Mexico. I also own and operate a small business in my hometown where I fly a Phantom 3, Air S, and an Air 3. I do basic photography and videography and various visual inspections. I just recently purchased a DJI Avata 2 in hopes of adding a different point of view to the videos I produce. I would consider myself more than capable on the camera drone sticks, but the FPV controls are presenting a pretty steep learning curve. I say that in terms of being able to get cinematic shots and properly framing my subjects. I am confident in the actual flying of the drone. I will follow that up with saying I have only used the motion controller 3 at this point but plan on getting the FPV RC-3. I will add to that that in no way shape or form was I ever cocky enough to think that I would just be able to pick this thing up and roll with it!! I knew I would be starting from scratch essentially!

I am looking for tips or pointers on specific controller movements that might help with better control and framing of shots. Any videos or websites that might breakdown certain maneuvers by the actual controller motions? I have been trying to combine using the wrist movements in conjunction with the thumb joystick and I am having trouble, as I said, framing and keeping my subjects in view. Am I going about this correctly? Are there some settings that I may need to adjust? I have also tried to incorporate the headtracking with this. I think it may help slightly but I didnt want to overload myself too much right off the bat with trying to learn a completely new flying style.

One example I can give is trying to do a dive. I know this drone can do a pretty steep dive but the steepest that I can dive at seems to be right at about 45° give or take. Would the best way to get steeper be to add the joystick AND use the head-tracking to look down, or am I thinking of this the wrong way??

Thank you in advance for your help!
Throttle lever down to the stop will give you a pretty good vertical dive

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbaugh66