F181W really bad pull after motor replacement

Baron_gordo

Reaction score
Hey all, I recently replaced a motor in my F181W drone. I had to order a new one because the old one burned out. I ordered the motor which I was led to believe fit all models of the F181W. When I attempted to place it I noticed that the gear was slightly different. No big deal. I pulled the gear off the old motor and swapped it on so that the teeth all aligned. Problem is that when I fly the drone it drifts really strongly towards the replaced motor. I have to max the trim forward and right just to get it into a sort of stable flight. Flying it is pretty much impossible as it either has the internal gyroscope thinking it’s tilted OR the replaced engine is not producing enough lift. I’ve tried calibrating multiple times and no luck. Any ideas how to fix the horrible drift? The bottom left motor is the replaced one It’s the only one with a black topimage.jpg

Welcome aboard! (y)

Do you have access to a handheld Tachometer so you could compare the RPMs of the replaced motor against the other 3 with the props off? That would be the first thing I would check.

I don’t have a tachometer but my belief is that the RPMs are a little lower.

Given that the motor you swapped in isn't a match for the other three I'd suggest swapping out the other three so you're running matching motors.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordyy