Drone won't fly forwards or backwards

Triff666

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I have just bought an AE Pro Max drone with obstacle avoidance

It works great.... Except the forwards and backwards motion isn't working. It goes up and down fab :) The drone has a sensor on the top to detect objects and when I use the right hand joystick... It rotates this sensor but not the actual drone. I'm hoping it's a set up thing and someone can point me in the right direction. Is it anything to do with headless setting.?

Cheers in advance

Have you tried removing the lidar attachment? I suspect that your controller has the option to aim the lidar in a specific direction. Say you wanted to fly close to and parallel to a long tall wall. That adjustment would allow you keep your camera pointed in the direction of travel and still have collision avoidance in the direction of the wall (since it's the closest object you could collide with). This is purely speculation as I am not familiar with your brand of UAV. I may be way off but at least it gives you a starting point to diagnose the issue. Good luck.

Dies your screen display Object found ahead at distance XX or something ti that effect? ON mine I can't take off and clear the zone with OA on in the transmitter. I fly with a bean field ahead and pointing frwd the nose dips and being to close to the ground it picks up and disables going forward.
I want to say you have gone much higher say 20-30 meters and still can't go frwd or bkwrd?
I do not know yet if the distances sensitivity can be adjusted.

Reactions: Brutalwarpig
Dies your screen display Object found ahead at distance XX or something ti that effect? ON mine I can't take off and clear the zone with OA on in the transmitter. I fly with a bean field ahead and pointing frwd the nose dips and being to close to the ground it picks up and disables going forward.
I want to say you have gone much higher say 20-30 meters and still can't go frwd or bkwrd?
I do not know yet if the distances sensitivity can be adjusted.
Good point. I have a FIMI X8 Pro and if I fly below 6 feet/2 meters AGL with collision avoidance, then rapidly accelerate forward, my drone's collision avoidance cameras "see" the ground as the airframe tilts forward. This causes the Brake function to activate briefly. As the airframe levels out the drone accelerates and the process repeates.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the software

Reactions: sarahb

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hotdog7