Does a Holy Stone HS-720 need to be registered with FAA

Chicagoland drone flyer

Reaction score
I just purchased a Holy Stone HS-720 drone and wondering if it needs to be registered with the FAA, or does the registration from my DJI I had include it? The DJI had a radio issue and it crashed into lake michigan and is no longer flyable. That registration expires september 2003 so just wondering. only fly for fun now.

I just purchased a Holy Stone HS-720 drone and wondering if it needs to be registered with the FAA, or does the registration from my DJI I had include it? The DJI had a radio issue and it crashed into lake michigan and is no longer flyable. That registration expires september 2003 so just wondering. only fly for fun now.
It weighs 460 grams, so it needs to be registered.

TCS

If you're flying recreational you can use multiple drones under the same registration. I believe it's up to five aircraft, but if you fly under 107 you must register each individual aircraft. Anything over 249 g needs to be registered regardless of whether you fly recreational or 107

Reactions: tomgreen
I should have registered the one that decided to take a permenant nap in Lake Michigan as recreational. That is supposed to expire 9/5/2023. I am assuming, and I know it is not good to assume anything now days that I will be notified to renew it shortly. Considering studying for the part 107 test..... not sure yet.

As far as I know, your original FAA registration covers all the drones you own. Just make sure your drone is labeled with the registration number

Reactions: tomgreen

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordyy