Do I have a Potensic D50?

JimSpy

Reaction score
New flyer, got a Potensic D50 as a gift. At least I think its a D50....that's what it says on the instruction book. But I go to Amazon for parts, and the one listed as a D50 looks different, and this one is called a D60. That's just the beginning of my confusion, but I'll start there. Do I have a D50?

New flyer, got a Potensic D50 as a gift. At least I think its a D50....that's what it says on the instruction book. But I go to Amazon for parts, and the one listed as a D50 looks different, and this one is called a D60. That's just the beginning of my confusion, but I'll start there. Do I have a D50?
Sooooo....been three months, thought I'd ask again?

They're very different drones, not just in appearance. The D60 has brushless motors, the D50 brushed. I think the D60 has 1800 mAh as opposed to the D50 1400mAh. If you post a picture of it I could tell you for certain.

Reactions: JimSpy
They're very different drones, not just in appearance. The D60 has brushless motors, the D50 brushed. I think the D60 has 1800 mAh as opposed to the D50 1400mAh. If you post a picture of it I could tell you for certain.
Thanks. Give me a day or so.

OK, see attached....Also, I just today developed a problem: The remote unit is beeping steadily, but I don't think it's the batteries.

I prepare for flight like usual, unlock the props, and hit the Take-off button for a couple of seconds. The drone beeps and ascends about 4 ft. like usual. But then the remote begins a slow beeping sound, and the drone immediately lands. The beeping sound does not stop until I power down the remote AND the drone. I go through the pre-flight again, the remote is quiet until I hit the Take-off button. Same thing happens. So I put in fresh batteries. But the same thing happens again!

Is there something else besides batteries that is indicated by the beeping?

Attachments

• 0307211429.jpg
    0307211429.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 3
  • 0307211429a.jpg
    0307211429a.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 3
Your drone is a Potensic Mirage Pro D50. That beeping is an indication that the battery in the drone itself is running low and that the drone is then auto landing. Those 3.7v batteries are only good for about seventy cycles so you may need a new one.

Your drone is a Potensic Mirage Pro D50. That beeping is an indication that the battery in the drone itself is running low and that the drone is then auto landing. Those 3.7v batteries are only good for about seventy cycles so you may need a new one.
70?? I'm lucky if I've done 10! I got this thing as a gift over a year ago, and truth be told, I'm scared of it! It seems so...delicate. I'm practicing with it whenever I can find the time, but it's so long in between practice flights that I keep having to refer to the book for controls and stuff. And I'm scared I will fly it too far away to get it to return. Lots of trees in this area!

Anyway, I'll charge up the battery again and see if that cures the beeping.

PS: Thank you for the info.

70?? I'm lucky if I've done 10! I got this thing as a gift over a year ago, and truth be told, I'm scared of it! It seems so...delicate. I'm practicing with it whenever I can find the time, but it's so long in between practice flights that I keep having to refer to the book for controls and stuff. And I'm scared I will fly it too far away to get it to return. Lots of trees in this area!

Anyway, I'll charge up the battery again and see if that cures the beeping.
Your Potensic is a lot tougher than it looks. I just retrieved a Dreamer that clipped a power line and fell onto pavement. Scratched up but still works great. The D50 is way more durable than say a Mavic Mini. The GPS feature will assist you in retrieving a lost drone,. If you fly it into the wind that will reduce the chances that the wind will carry it away. Better to crash or lose a drone that not fly it at all. Enjoy!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DRONEric