Considering getting the part 107 certificate..... wondering if it is worth it.......

Chicagoland drone flyer

Reaction score
I am considering getting the part 107 Certificate, and wondering if it is worth it, like it looks like it would involve considerable studying time and then still the risk of not passing it.

Just wonder how much actual enforcement risk there is to do photography for like real estate or insurance claims adjusters without it, especially if they pay you in actual cash money, no form of check or deposit to your bank account. Not like there would be any proof that someone is using the drone for income in that case.

I was watching part of a you tube video study course for it, it looks interesting and I am considering doing it, but what likelyhood is there of actual enforcement.... pretty sure the local police do not know about it.

I'd get the 107 rather than take the chance.

If you're a regular airplane pilot, getting the 107 is easy. That's how I got mine.

I strongly advise you to take a look at the 107 course at Pilot Institute. It's well done, and IIRC, they have a guaranteed pass option. But if you take the course and do well, you'll pass the test.

Check it out!

I’ve been watching the Altitude university class and it’s got good information, it just seems like more control by the government and then of course actually being on an actual payroll instead of just being paid all tax free cash.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordyy