Battery Charge Amps

Sparky60

Reaction score
Hello,
Newbie here. I have a Holy Stone HS700E and an HS210F. Both manuals say not to exceed 2 Amp charging.
I have 1 Amp chargers that take forever to charge, and 2.4 Amp chargers that I’m hesitant to use because they exceed what the manuals say.
Is it really necessary not to exceed 2 Amps?
If so where can I get 2 Amp USB charger?
Does Holy Stone sell a charger?
I canned find a 2 Amp charger anywhere.
Thanks everyone!
Mark

Hello,
Newbie here. I have a Holy Stone HS700E and an HS210F. Both manuals say not to exceed 2 Amp charging.
I have 1 Amp chargers that take forever to charge, and 2.4 Amp chargers that I’m hesitant to use because they exceed what the manuals say.
Is it really necessary not to exceed 2 Amps?
If so where can I get 2 Amp USB charger?
Does Holy Stone sell a charger?
I canned find a 2 Amp charger anywhere.
Thanks everyone!
Mark
The manufacturer apparently warned about custom chargers, where the charging current can exceed 2A. In the stock charging unit, the charging current is limited automatically. Therefore, it does not matter what current the network adapter has. You can safely use your 5V to 2.4A adapter. The controller will not charge the battery more than necessary. This has been verified.

The manufacturer apparently warned about custom chargers, where the charging current can exceed 2A. In the stock charging unit, the charging current is limited automatically. Therefore, it does not matter what current the network adapter has. You can safely use your 5V to 2.4A adapter. The controller will not charge the battery more than necessary. This has been verified.
I’m assuming the “stock charging unit” and the “controller” are built into the battery? That’s all I have is the battery and a usb cable.

You need to clarify which model you are talking about. If about the HS700E, then it comes with a charging unit. And it’s not clear how you are going to connect the USB cable to the battery. For the HS210F there should also be a small charging unit connected to the 5V adapter. The batteries themselves do not have any charging controllers.

Here is the charger for the HS700E, if I'm not mistaken.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: Sparky60
Here is the charger for the HS700E, if I'm not mistaken.
Neither the HS700E or the HS210F came with a charger. They both came with a battery and a USB cable. The larger one shown in the picture is the HS700E. With that said, I'm assuming the charger is a part I will need to buy?

Attachments

• IMG_1266.jpeg
    IMG_1266.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 6
Here's pics of the manuals and the battery insert that came with both. Says nothing about a seperate charger, but the insert does say not to charge over 2 Amps.
With this information it appears that I need a 2 Amp (5V/2A) USB adapter.
I do have a 1 Amp USB adapter (which charges VERY slow) and a 2.4 Amp USB adapter and a 2.4 Amp power bank, so I'm on the hunt for a 2 AMP unless you've got another idea.
LIke I said I'm a total newbie with drones and charging them so I'm open to any thoughts.
THANKS!

Attachments

• IMG_1269.jpeg
    IMG_1269.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1270.jpeg
    IMG_1270.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1271.jpeg
    IMG_1271.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 4
Ну да, видимо у этого аккумулятора внутри есть контроллер заряда. Не знаю, что там за контроллер, но обычно они все не допускают превышения напряжения и тока зарядки. Я бы подключил аккумулятор к адаптеру, который есть в наличии (2,4A) через USB-тестер и посмотрел, какой будет ток заряда. Если у вас нет тестера, но есть сомнения, то для собственного спокойствия найдите переходник, который рекомендует производитель.

Both your drones have cables, one end of which attaches to the battery, the other to a normal USB charger. A regular phone charger cannot supply 2A, though a tablet charger may well do so. You could invest in a multi-outlet USB charger, which will have 2 high-power outlets from which you can charge both batteries at once. Note that this "USB charger" is only a regulated 5V supply. It does not control the quite intricate charging schedule for a lithium battery. The clever electronics which set limits to the charging rate are in the battery, not in the "USB charger".

Great informative

I have a HS600 drone and it says to use a battery charger of 5 volts and 2 amps. All I have is 5 volt 1and 1half Amp chargers .are the l and 1half Amp chargers ok and if so will that do anything to the charging volts amount?

I have a HS600 drone and it says to use a battery charger of 5 volts and 2 amps. All I have is 5 volt 1and 1half Amp chargers .are the l and 1half Amp chargers ok and if so will that do anything to the charging volts amount?
You can safely use the 1 1/2 amp supply. It will take just that little bit longer

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diomc