AE86 Pro Max Blades become Brittle from Blue Loctite

jftman

Reaction score
I ordered 20 blades from AliExpress. I noted Blue Loctite while exchanging blades since I bought it.
I applied BlueLoctite on four new unused blades received in my order.
(I had a crash and was glad to fly again.) The crash involved blades flying off. Well I put loctite on them.

I did not take off just let the motors run until time out about three cycles. All of the blades had cracking around the two mounting screws on the hub.
I found also that the screws collapsed the normal flush surface, obviously Blue Loctite and this plastic do not mix.

I observed hair line cracks and applied torque and they opened up and two of four broke at the base of the center, thickest portion around the base almost half way around.

This precautions of just running the Drone on the pad is so much less than flying tge Drone. I advised the seller, but have not yet had any reply.

Oh, in addition, tge 20 blades was not five sets. I received, what You see in the pic. I wonder what the remedy will be by the seller.IMG_6822.jpeg

That's why I only buy OEM parts

Reactions: sarahb
Aliexpress would not be my first choice. Do you know a source other than THERE for OEM AE86 Pro Max

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hotdog7