4K Camera, same height, same square footage, cold air and half the resolution?

SURV1969

Reaction score
On November 29, I flew my brother's property & building ... photo & resolution look good. Correct DPI, pixel count and file size
On December 3. I flew the same area, at the same height ... photo & resolution look good. Correct DPI, pixel count and file size

Problem seems to be that the December 3rd flight has about 1/2 the resolution from the same number of pixels across a tractor front, cause detail of November 29 to disappear completely.

I made no changes on beginning the flight(never have/always same results ... until today)

Nov 29: sunny, 60 degrees and no breeze ................................................................ great resolution 24 pixels across item A Item A looks great................................................. same file size same DPI
Dec 03: cloudy, 45 degrees and 10-12 mph gusts ... and damp/humid......... terrible resolution 24 pixels across item A Item A looks absolutely terrible/no detail ... same file size same DPI

NONE of the December 362 aerials(seemingly at half the focus(?)), are useable to any extent, with November 29

Any ideas?

Thanks

On November 29, I flew my brother's property & building ... photo & resolution look good. Correct DPI, pixel count and file size
On December 3. I flew the same area, at the same height ... photo & resolution look good. Correct DPI, pixel count and file size

Problem seems to be that the December 3rd flight has about 1/2 the resolution from the same number of pixels across a tractor front, cause detail of November 29 to disappear completely.

I made no changes on beginning the flight(never have/always same results ... until today)

Nov 29: sunny, 60 degrees and no breeze ................................................................ great resolution 24 pixels across item A Item A looks great................................................. same file size same DPI
Dec 03: cloudy, 45 degrees and 10-12 mph gusts ... and damp/humid......... terrible resolution 24 pixels across item A Item A looks absolutely terrible/no detail ... same file size same DPI

NONE of the December 362 aerials(seemingly at half the focus(?)), are useable to any extent, with November 29

Any ideas?

Thanks
It might be helpful to know the drone you're using.

Hubsan Zino Mini SE, with the original camera(4K), 12MP.

Maybe there was a lack of light(slightly more overcast), but items that have great clarity on the first run, are not recognizable on the second... first day photo resolution of a four pixel block is discernable(each unique), had now become a single color designation(still 4 pixels) ... use of the second day would really screw my photogrammetry.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordyy