Wifi Connection Issues

tdubb

Reaction score
Hi All,
Wifi stays connected for about 10 seconds then "no data connection" but seems to be connected via WiFi but not connected via the APP.

Currently running version 12 Android. All other functions controller to drone are working except no camera via app. Motors start, sats display etc. No controls via app/controller due to no wifi connectivity via app. Also tried different phone.

You have not specified your drone, but the general rule is that the transmitter controls the drone with signals in the 2.4 GHz band. The drone contains the equivalent of a wifi router and transmits the camera and position information back on a wifi channel, generally 5.8 GHz. It follows that you need to set your phone wifi to the drone router. If your phone does not accept 5GHz wifi then bad luck.

Thanks for your reply. What I learned form HS customer service. 1. "No Data Connection" or "No internet" Does not mean the drone is not connected to the phone. In fact this is actually "normal" after getting brief "connected" msg. 2. Disconnect phone VPN and data connection and place in airplane mode for the phone/drone/app to connect.

It works now!

I think the key to the Drone + Phone + APP connection troubleshooting is to make sure there is no active VPN on the phone. Thai was the only thing that changed since my last use of the drone ;-)

Hmm, aeroplane mode...et voila! Perhaps that is the great salvation. I shall try this and see if the reception improves.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbaugh66