Sun Shade - Yea or Nay?

BigManDan

Reaction score
I've been having trouble seeing the screen of my DJI RC on sunny days. Will a sun shade make a significant difference?

I use one of the less expensive hinged shade/protective cover from FPV products. It does what you would think it does by blocking bright light from a single point. The HOODMAN product blocks light from 4 directions which could be helpful in very bright environments like on a beach on a sunny day or a sunny day with snow on the ground. However the Hoodman product more or less creates a viewing tunnel. If you're going to do that why not just get some fpv goggles? Just my opinion. I'm sure it's a great attachment for some situations.

I use one of the less expensive hinged shade/protective cover from FPV products. It does what you would think it does by blocking bright light from a single point. The HOODMAN product blocks light from 4 directions which could be helpful in very bright environments like on a beach on a sunny day or a sunny day with snow on the ground. However the Hoodman product more or less creates a viewing tunnel. If you're going to do that why not just get some fpv goggles? Just my opinion. I'm sure it's a great attachment for some situations.
I wanted to get some FPV goggles but I've been told my DJI mini 3 (not the Pro version) doesn't have FPV capability. Due to my infinite lack of patience, I went ahead and picked up one of the hinged models but I haven't had a chance to test it out yet.

I'll post my thoughts once I've had a chance to evaluate the product.

It's not a game changer or anything like that. It just makes the screen a little easier to see. No doubt the rectangular tube device would make the display easier to see. Just seems like it would be awkward to use.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snooked