Sub €250 drone. Cam gimble, Collision Avoidance, Foldable.

Seabhac

Reaction score
Hi, I've been looking at drones between €150 and €250 with collision avoidance, Camera/gimble, follow me, gps, etc, etc. It's a mine field. The tech has got so accesable. Anyhow there are many with all the mod cons but I dont see many for that price tag that have the gimble as well. It makes all the difference to have steady video.
Anyhow can anyone point me towards reviews or a good drone that doesnt break the bank. I have come across one on Aliexpress that comes with a gimble and the video I saw that someone posted on Youtube was ok when the drone was moving slowly. It could follow, although a tad precariously and has the option to save video on the drone as well as on your phone. Any pointers apreciated.
Cheers.

Hi, I've been looking at drones between €150 and €250 with collision avoidance, Camera/gimble, follow me, gps, etc, etc. It's a mine field. The tech has got so accesable. Anyhow there are many with all the mod cons but I dont see many for that price tag that have the gimble as well. It makes all the difference to have steady video.
Anyhow can anyone point me towards reviews or a good drone that doesnt break the bank. I have come across one on Aliexpress that comes with a gimble and the video I saw that someone posted on Youtube was ok when the drone was moving slowly. It could follow, although a tad precariously and has the option to save video on the drone as well as on your phone. Any pointers apreciated.
Cheers.
You may have heard the expression, "you get what you pay for" this is very true when it comes to drones. What kind of budget do you have?

You may have heard the expression, "you get what you pay for" this is very true when it comes to drones. What kind of budget do you have?
I understand that but I have a set budget as I mentioned €200 - €250. I don't want to lose the drone so GPS and obstacle avoidance are important. I'll have to take a hit on build quality and flight time. I want a foldable drone for portability. I have a large Tarot Hexcopter that I used for training falcons. It has a steady gimble so if I want quality video and photography I can use that. I have a smaller Hexcopter that has Naza flight controller but is limited on chanels so it's basically manual, ie if you let go of the controls it falls out of the sky, it makes it fun to fly. And a Trex 450 flybarless for 3d flight that scares me if I need a bigger adrenaline hit. So I'm looking at the Aliexpress drones. I would like 3 batteries but will make do with 2. The ones that are mostly in my budget dont have a gimble. I know I said I have the Tarot for video but I would like what I buy to have video that isn't shakey even if its not Pro video. I have come across 2 drones that have been reviewed on Youtube and both are impressive for the price. I forget what they are called but I'll look them up and add them to this in a while. So there you go.

I understand that but I have a set budget as I mentioned €200 - €250. I don't want to lose the drone so GPS and obstacle avoidance are important. I'll have to take a hit on build quality and flight time. I want a foldable drone for portability. I have a large Tarot Hexcopter that I used for training falcons. It has a steady gimble so if I want quality video and photography I can use that. I have a smaller Hexcopter that has Naza flight controller but is limited on chanels so it's basically manual, ie if you let go of the controls it falls out of the sky, it makes it fun to fly. And a Trex 450 flybarless for 3d flight that scares me if I need a bigger adrenaline hit. So I'm looking at the Aliexpress drones. I would like 3 batteries but will make do with 2. The ones that are mostly in my budget dont have a gimble. I know I said I have the Tarot for video but I would like what I buy to have video that isn't shakey even if its not Pro video. I have come across 2 drones that have been reviewed on Youtube and both are impressive for the price. I forget what they are called but I'll look them up and add them to this in a while. So there you go.
Read this site

SG907 Max and the Kai one Pro Max are the contenders for the moment. Video looks steady. And the seem to have all the bells and whistles. Is there a Youtuber that takes apart various drones to evaluate what they are made of?

Reactions: GFields
SG907 Max and the Kai one Pro Max are the contenders for the moment. Video looks steady. And the seem to have all the bells and whistles. Is there a Youtuber that takes apart various drones to evaluate what they are made of?
Good luck! Let us know what you decide and how it works out for you.

The search goes on! Kai One has been dropped from the list. The second hand market has opened up for me. I've noticed that the video I see in the reviews for the AliExpress drones is just about ok even though they boast 4k,6k and 8k cameras but when I see video from a DJI Mavic mini 1 and 2 that is basically somewhere between HD and 4k but it looks amazing in comparison and a basic mini one second hand with one battery lands in my budget. No obstacle avoidance but they often come with ND filters. Now I know obstacle avoidance was more important to me than the quality of the video originally but as the drones I was looking at were advertised at 4k-6k video I assumed the video would generally be better quality. I'm not looking for pro video, although I wouldn't complain, but whats the point putting an 8k camera on a drone that only records jerky video because theres no gimbal? And Im beginning to think there might be a little bit of over zealous adverting going on there. The search goes on.....

Reactions: GFields

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidpost