Skydio X2 for SAR and public safety

Dutch239

Reaction score
So I currently have the M210 V2 with the Z30 and XT2 cameras. Just looking at the specs the X2 is substantially lower quality cameras. I did briefly attend a demo by Skydio where I got some stick time but I noticed the following: distinct delay between input and aircraft response, lots of issues with live view lag, very low quality FLIR imagery. If it were not for the legislation on Florida on banning DJI from public safety I would not even consider the X2. Im looking for input from pilots who have flown the X2 for SAR and or any other public safety missions and how the X2 handled. Is the screen lag constant? is the laggy controls constant? are you able to actually use the FLIR and locate subjects in wooded areas?

So I currently have the M210 V2 with the Z30 and XT2 cameras. Just looking at the specs the X2 is substantially lower quality cameras. I did briefly attend a demo by Skydio where I got some stick time but I noticed the following: distinct delay between input and aircraft response, lots of issues with live view lag, very low quality FLIR imagery. If it were not for the legislation on Florida on banning DJI from public safety I would not even consider the X2. Im looking for input from pilots who have flown the X2 for SAR and or any other public safety missions and how the X2 handled. Is the screen lag constant? is the laggy controls constant? are you able to actually use the FLIR and locate subjects in wooded areas?
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum!

This ONLY applies to Florida governmental agencies. If you are working independently I don't see any concern about continuing to use DJI products. Read this article

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum!

This ONLY applies to Florida governmental agencies. If you are working independently I don't see any concern about continuing to use DJI products. Read this article
Correct. I do work for a government agency that's why I'm trying to get info from someone who has actually used any from the list of 5. Skydio, anfi USA, and Teal. The other two on the list don't work for our mission due to one being a plane lol.

Reactions: GFields

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordyy