Skydio 2

dirkclod

Staff member
Reaction score

Reaction score
For a 1000 USD? And remote is an extra 150.

Lost me at it is a direct competitor to the M2P. With a 1/2.3 sensor?

I love made in the USA. Should have made it better. Sweet jumping jehoshaphat they are charging DJI prices for less than the Chinese are doing. And the M2P is a phenomenal drone.

KØUNX

Reaction score
It could be the COMPLEMENT we've been needing for those "through the forest" or "follow me" shots. Recently, most of my droning has been close-to-the-ground, flying THROUGH the woods. With the Skydio 2, I can see myself jumping on my bike and just letting the bird follow me through the forest. If I didn't already have a Mavic, I'd probably choose a Mavic 2 instead, but since I already have the Mavic, I decided to expand my livery with the Skydio 2. I'll probably splice video from both for some videos.

Reactions: j.r.r and dirkclod

dirkclod

Staff member
Reaction score
Can’t wait to hear some real world reviews. I don’t care for
the ones the CO’s put out. Me like members hands on. .
Gonna be abit though.

shaggy505

Reaction score
What’s everything think of the new drone Skydio released today? Curious to see what everyone thinks!
Placed order in first round, ready for a change. Sold my MP yesterday. Have several drones for fun only; photos, videos and family fun and thought this would be fun to try. US made and based, seems to be very smart group of company founders and great warranty included. I hope the image and video quality on par with my mavic pro with added bonus of great obstacle avoidance. Six 4K cameras for obstacle avoidance is impressive.

j.r.r

Reaction score
Can’t wait to hear some real world reviews. I don’t care for
the ones the CO’s put out. Me like members hands on. .
Gonna be abit though.
This may be not what you consider real word review, video below was produced by one of Skydio testers:
I hope he will produce another one with OA in action.

Reactions: dirkclod

dirkclod

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I saw that but I meant one of you guys getting it.
To me those testers might be kinda promoting for the
co. For me I only go by what members say. Been on all our forums to long I guess . Does look like it’s gonna be a nice bird though. Time will tell like with all the rest. :)

Ridefreak

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
This may be not what you consider real word review, video below was produced by one of Skydio testers:
I hope he will produce another one with OA in action.
That was me, unfortunately I had some big projects at work during the 2 weeks they let me try it out so my flying time was very limited. That flight and video doesn't really show what it's capable of. I've gotten a good bit of flack from the DJI fanboys but that's to be expected, some people are passionate about the aircraft they chose. For me it's about taking good 3pv video and the SD2 does that very well. I'm in on the first batch of orders so expect some more video soon.

That video was basically my 2nd and 3rd flights with the bird so it wasn't like I knew what it could and couldn't do and what it was good at, it also wasn't mine so I was reluctant to put it in risky situations. I've also tested the original SD R1 and while it was interesting tech it couldn't perform for my needs, this one does. The avoidance is pretty amazing, despite that if it's in dense woods with a narrow trail and lots of stick type branches it's going to have some difficulty, that's a tall order to fill. I normally fly a Staaker which it an awesome 3pv drone but without any avoidance, it will track you like a hound dog but unfortunately it will fly right into a tree doing it if it thinks that's where it needs to be. Despite that I've gotten some nice video from it. After having that drone and testing the SD2 it's obvious a teather of some type is required for consistent 3pv filming, optical tracking is fine for slow moving subjects but a tether is absolutely required for what I do.

Reactions: j.r.r

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aardvark88