Purchasing on Amazon with Asurion protection plan

Ron HS600

Reaction score
I purchased my HS600 drone on Amazon and bought the Asurion damage protection plan at the same time. After reading the terms of the protection plan it seemed like a good deal, especially since I'm a first-time drone flyer. The cost was about $35.

There is an exclusion in the agreement as follows:
For All Products except Portable Products Breakdowns caused by ADH (Accidental Damage due to Handling) IS NOT COVERED.

I called their support line and they confirmed that since a drone is a portable product this exclusion DOES NOT APPLY.

The coverage is in effect outside the original manufacturer's warranty.
The coverage also applies to rechargeable batteries (limit one) if it fails to accept or hold a charge during the term of the policy (I purchased a 2-year plan, and a 3-year plan is also available for a slightly higher fee.)

This seemed like a good deal. The only big exclusion was if the drone is lost. (like a flyaway that is not recovered) or just losing it ought right.

What are your thoughts? Does anyone have any real experience with Asurion covering a drone?
(Likely you can purchase such coverage direct from Asurion even if you purchase your drone from somewhere other than Amazon.)
Thanks, -Ron

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drednawt