Potensic done company

Waterpump2017

Reaction score
This is a review for the drone company Potensic. I ordered an atom 3axis gimbal drone a few weeks ago directly from Potensic. When it came in got it set up and started flying. Two minutes in it crashed. Pilot error. Checked the drone for damage. Couldn’t find any damage other than some small knicks in a couple propellers. Tried to fly again and it won’t take off. I contacted Potensic asking for help to figure out how to fix it. They asked for the details of the crash, if it was indoors, outdoors what it hit to cause it to fall. And all they came back with was they determined the crash was due to the environment and pilot error and to fly in an open field in the future. Said nothing about how to fix it so I could fly. After a strongly worded email they offered to send a replacement arm that they think is the issue. The past two weeks have been that conversation as they are slow to respond and take 3 day weekends. I chose to buy this particular drone after research showed it was a great drone for the price and features compared to the leading DJI of the same class. Also a close friend has the atom se that he likes a lot. And rave reviews about how great the customer service is. Well I beg to differ. I had to threaten them with disputing the charge on my card for them to act. At this point I would prefer to just return the drone and get my money back but because it’s “damaged” it’s ineligible for return. I would have paid for parts from the beginning but was never offered that option. As of now I own a $365 paperweight the size of a lunchbox. The carry case is about the size of a lunch box. I plan to write as many reviews as I can to hopefully get some kind of action on their part. Since they have not yet responded to my last email for two days.

If you have read this far I thank you for your time.

Reactions: BigManDan
Sorry to hear of you issues. I crashed my Contixo drone in January and they never answered their customer support phone line or answered any of my several emails. Finally, on a whim, I decided to call their Sales Support line. Low and behold they answered that call. The short story is, they have a program to repair damaged drones for a flat $75 fee which is really pretty reasonable given that I beat the living sh*t out of mine.

I'm not saying I love Contixo but they seem to be better then Potensic if you can ever reach them.

This is a review for the drone company Potensic. I ordered an atom 3axis gimbal drone a few weeks ago directly from Potensic. When it came in got it set up and started flying. Two minutes in it crashed. Pilot error. Checked the drone for damage. Couldn’t find any damage other than some small knicks in a couple propellers. Tried to fly again and it won’t take off. I contacted Potensic asking for help to figure out how to fix it. They asked for the details of the crash, if it was indoors, outdoors what it hit to cause it to fall. And all they came back with was they determined the crash was due to the environment and pilot error and to fly in an open field in the future. Said nothing about how to fix it so I could fly. After a strongly worded email they offered to send a replacement arm that they think is the issue. The past two weeks have been that conversation as they are slow to respond and take 3 day weekends. I chose to buy this particular drone after research showed it was a great drone for the price and features compared to the leading DJI of the same class. Also a close friend has the atom se that he likes a lot. And rave reviews about how great the customer service is. Well I beg to differ. I had to threaten them with disputing the charge on my card for them to act. At this point I would prefer to just return the drone and get my money back but because it’s “damaged” it’s ineligible for return. I would have paid for parts from the beginning but was never offered that option. As of now I own a $365 paperweight the size of a lunchbox. The carry case is about the size of a lunch box. I plan to write as many reviews as I can to hopefully get some kind of action on their part. Since they have not yet responded to my last email for two days.

Sorry, but the above posting is not a review but a moan, and I find it difficult to be sympathetic. Would you blame the manufacturer of a motorcycle if you kept falling off? Sorry, but you have learned a lesson the expensive way. The cheaper way would be to learn the principles of flight on a cheap throwaway drone, or, better still, to find an instructor.

I have a Atom also & love the drone. I,m sorry you have had the
problems you have. I had a Ruko 11 pro before this one. I had
a problem with that drone, it started smoking & stopped. They
ask me to send pictures and I did. They sent me a new drone but
were slow in getting it to me. But my deal was not pilot era . I ended up losing that drone. Problem is I could not buy another
with out buying another controller, everything. We are dealing
with Chinese & that goes with just about every thing you buy. When the problem falls on you, it,s your problem. Just the way
it is. Sorry but that fact! 🪰Fly

I just purchased a drone from FIMI because i believe supporting smaller companies is good for the market and consumers in general. I have not received my drone yet and I am more than a little concerned about any issues I may have. My point is I also have to DJI drones and one thing DJI offers that no one else does that I'm aware of is the care refresh package which I always purchase. I know this isn't much help for the potensic atom problem you're having just something to consider with future purchases. I've been told that EXO drones also has some sort of after sales repair service that you can purchase but I haven't checked into it. Good luck.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UNKNOWN