places to fly

bigfoot

Reaction score
Hi, I began flying a little over a year ago. At first I bought an inexpensive drone to see how I would like it. I insantly took an immense fun in flying and controlling my drone. After a few months I bought a Mavic Air DJI drone and it is simply amazing the things this little drone can do.
My only regret is that there are not many places to enjoy flying. Most wonderful places to fly are restricted like national parks or near airports. Would really appreciate some ideas of where to fly around the Montreal area.

• Wow
Reactions: LoudThunder
Hi, I began flying a little over a year ago. At first I bought an inexpensive drone to see how I would like it. I insantly took an immense fun in flying and controlling my drone. After a few months I bought a Mavic Air DJI drone and it is simply amazing the things this little drone can do.
My only regret is that there are not many places to enjoy flying. Most wonderful places to fly are restricted like national parks or near airports. Would really appreciate some ideas of where to fly around the Montreal area.
Sorry to hear. Get creative, envision the shot and find the location (legal or waiver). Unfortunately geofencing is what you get with DJI. I have a Evo 2 pro, and although I do get warning notifications about my location I am still allowed to proceed responsibly. I live in Las Vegas and we have one of the most restricted airspaces in the country, there's still a lot of locations to be able to fly. You can even get creative enough to fly at a small local airport if the tower has service hours less than 24. Depending on the location sometimes we have to drive a bit but it is usually worth the shot. Do some researches on any App like AirMap or B4UFly. Check charts here:
www.skyvector.com
For permission even in military areas, contact the flight service listed on the chart in coordination with the area you want to fly. The worst they can do is say no.
Safe flying, Blue skies!

Last edited:
Sorry to hear. Get creative, envision the shot and find the location (legal or waiver). Unfortunately geofencing is what you get with DJI. I have a Evo 2 pro, and although I do get warning notifications about my location I am still allowed to proceed responsibly. I live in Las Vegas and we have one of the most restricted airspaces in the country, there's still a lot of locations to be able to fly. You can even get creative enough to fly at a small local airport if the tower has service hours less than 24. Depending on the location sometimes we have to drive a bit but it is usually worth the shot. Do some researches on any App like AirMap or B4UFly. Check charts here:
www.skyvector.com
For permission even in military areas, contact the flight service listed on the chart in coordination with the area you want to fly. The worst they can do is say no.
Safe flying, Blue skies!
thanks for the advice.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordyy