New drone pilot

Joe Schena

Reaction score
Hi,

im Joe and have been flying drones for 4 months. I’m currently flying a HS720G. i Have my part 107 certificate and would like to fly for more than pleasure at some point.

i realize the limitations of my current drone and have joined this forum to help me decide my next drone.

between podcasts, drone training companies and youtube there’s a ton of advice to wade through.

I’ve also enrolled in a community college that has 4 credits worth drone classes.

I haven’t decided on a particular path yet simply because I don’t know enough to understand my options.

for those of you flying for other than pleasure, I’d be interested to know what your first drone was for this kind of flying And how far it took you.

thank you

joe

Reactions: GFields
I haven’t decided on a particular path yet simply because I don’t know enough to understand my options.
Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA.

I am 107'd too and I fly the DJI Mini 2 for fun. I live in a heavily controlled Airspace with an Air Force Base, an Army Airfield, and an International Airport all over lapping and it's all Class D Airspace and I need a FAA Authorization just to fly in my back yard…

However, back to your question, I am very active on MavicPilots (DJI specific…), however, if you scroll to the bottom of this web page, you will find a whole gaggle of other associated sister sites…) dedicated to the other makes and models of drones… Unfortunately, none for the Holystone…

As you discover the Pros and Cons of the other makes and models, remember YouTube Videos is your friend and seeing the various drones in action is so much more satisfying than just reading about it…

In the mean time, in case you do not have this, here is the link to all of the Holy Stone User Manuals and all their Apps…

Fly Long and Proper… (if Spock had a drone…)

Reactions: GFields
Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA.

I am 107'd too and I fly the DJI Mini 2 for fun. I live in a heavily controlled Airspace with an Air Force Base, an Army Airfield, and an International Airport all over lapping and it's all Class D Airspace and I need a FAA Authorization just to fly in my back yard…

However, back to your question, I am very active on MavicPilots (DJI specific…), however, if you scroll to the bottom of this web page, you will find a whole gaggle of other associated sister sites…) dedicated to the other makes and models of drones… Unfortunately, none for the Holystone…

As you discover the Pros and Cons of the other makes and models, remember YouTube Videos is your friend and seeing the various drones in action is so much more satisfying than just reading about it…

In the mean time, in case you do not have this, here is the link to all of the Holy Stone User Manuals and all their Apps…

Fly Long and Proper… (if Spock had a drone…)
Thank you LoudThunder!

Reactions: LoudThunder
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Reactions: LoudThunder

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabeach