New Drone Pilot, long-time pilot and avionics engineer

Bugsmashers

Reaction score
Hi,

I got a Potensic Atom SE drone a little while back to play with and learn a bit about drones. I've been a pilot, A&P mechanic, and avionics engineer for a few decades now but drones are pretty much totally new to me.

Reactions: GFields
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Hi,

I got a Potensic Atom SE drone a little while back to play with and learn a bit about drones. I've been a pilot, A&P mechanic, and avionics engineer for a few decades now but drones are pretty much totally new to me.
Welcome. As far as full-size flying is concerned I have a UK Bronze certificate, a modest certificate for gliders, but it is enough to understand the theory of flight. When I started to fly RC model aircraft and helicopters, I had to pretty well start al over again, and the same applied to drones. My first drones were merely helicopters with 4 propellers and a proper throttle control, and this business of the lever sprung to the centre to control height was a complete novelty. Be prepared to watch the drone itself rather than the view on the screen, otherwise you will be ending in the trees.

Reactions: LoudThunder

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbaugh66