Just purchased a Storm 6 by Helipal

OConnor

Reaction score
Good evening everyone!

A bit of background on me in relation to drones:

I had a Yuneec q500, which I flew twice before the batteries gave the ghost, purchased from good ol' marketplace. Was very straight forward, no issues operating it to speak of.

Fast forward to this week (a year later) and I brought home a Storm 6 with two transmitters, a battery, and a gopro 3 mounted to a Zenmuse Hd-3d.

The transmitter (an AT9) turns on, there is one broken toggle (see pic)

I ordered a new charger and some new batteries that will get here Sunday. I have a few questions regarding the starting sequence.
In the instructional video from Helipal if shows having the throttle locked in the down position , but I donot see a way to lock it. It simply springs back to center. How do I lock this in place for the starting sequence? I dont see this mentioned in the manual for the At9

The previous owner inherited it and knows very little about its use, so its internals are unknown but it looks nearly new. No corrosion anywhere and zero impact damage is visible. When I connect the battery the Battery seems good, this will go on the balancer/charger Sunday.

Are there any Storm owners here that may have insight on things to check or common issues running these after they sit for an extended time? According to the seller it has sat for an unmown amount of time (the battery was maintained and used in other RC projects.

Attachments

• 1B2746AE-388A-4B91-9396-3EB5813FECAD.jpeg
    1B2746AE-388A-4B91-9396-3EB5813FECAD.jpeg
    836.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member