HS720E flight issues

peo02

Reaction score
3rd week owner of a Holy Stone 720E. While flying 3 days ago, I had been flying for about 10 minutes when I lost contact with the drone. I was able to track it with the last picture from the camera and it landed in the pasture about 300 yards over a tree line. Luckily, I was above the treeline. I first thought it was operator error when I brought it back to the landing pad because it had lost internet connection. I put in a fresh battery, restarted and double checked the setup and internet connection and took off taking pictures. No more issues that day.

Yesterday, I was in the air only a couple of minutes and started noticing erratic flight behavior. I had to set it down fast in order to save it. Rebooted everything and took off taking pictures of the house rafters being set. In order to get a good perspective I must have been about 150' altitude and about 25' distance or less and starting to pan across the building site. I started using the camera tilt and all of a sudden, I had no control. Realizing I may have accidently hit the RTH button, it tried it again and tried to gain control. Nothing. Then the drone sat straight down.... quick.

I went back to the launch pad and tried to restart. Changed battery but could not get into launch mode. It would not accept the compass activation and obviously nothing else. After several tries over the next few hours, I realized on boot, the drone was flashing only all red lights - 3 in succession.

I realize now that both times, it is obvious the drone lost internet connection and used the failsafe feature and made a self forced landing. The first time I could reset. Not the second.

I see this same thing from others but never see a resolved answer...... I have been in contact with the HS mothership but only wanting further explanation and video of my startup procedure.

Any suggestions??? TIPS ACCEPTED

• Wow
Reactions: LoudThunder
Any suggestions??? TIPS ACCEPTED

Well, Welcome Back from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA.

These kinds of posts are best served if posted in General Discussions or the Holystone Drones sub-forums… Posting them in the Pilot Check In sub-forum may not get the most qualified folk's notice…

I am sorry, I am not a Holystone owner, so the issues you are having are beyond me and I advise you to consider taking it back to the store that yu bought it and if they offer a refund or exchange, take it… Failing that, it's under warranty and you need their support to get the problem fixed or a replacement drone.

In the issue of losing control, have you set the drones option to land or Return to Home? If it is set to land, it is not fussy if it's over trees or over a lake…

But any case… Good Luck!

im a HS720G owner. I’ve had sim issues to yours—it’s a great little starter drone but sometimes…

I wrote HS an email. They responded back with a bunch of questions. I answered them and they then set up an exchange for a new one. The drone is 4 months old.

i really don’t have any advice to offer. It sounds like your doing everything right.

Joe

Holy Stone UPdate. Their customer service is EXCELLENT. After giving them a description of the issue, their customer service rep responded to link to my AMAZON order and since this unit was less than a month old, return it and get a replacement.

Now that did not answer the root issue which I feel was a catastrophic failure in the unit, it did solve the problem.

New unit arriving in 2 days. Then the test begins over.

Then the test begins over.
Remember my long posting when you first logged on, there is a lot of advice for a newbie and you are one and none of that advice includes flying your new drone over 1,000 feet away… learn to fly your drone in a small area. Learn to fly it without the camera video, only by sight and watching it… You'll be a safer flyer and you will have more fun. Enjoy!

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Remember my long posting when you first logged on, there is a lot of advice for a newbie and you are one and none of that advice includes flying your new drone over 1,000 feet away… learn to fly your drone in a small area. Learn to fly it without the camera video, only by sight and watching it… You'll be a safer flyer and you will have more fun. Enjoy!
I fully agree with the above statements. Indeed, I was going to say something very similar to the unfortunate newbie who built his drone and then crashed it on its first outing. The message is: plan each flight. Plan each flight to your own capabilities. If you don't know your own capabilities, which you won't unless you have a teacher, then the first flight plan is a very simple one: press the one-touch launch button, let it hover a few seconds, and then press the RTH button. You then will have practical experience of two transmitter buttons and you will still have a drone to fly. Use that flight plan 3-4 times moreI, then introduce just one new control, forward/backward, before bringing it down again. When you have acquired experience of each control in turn, then is the time to repeat the exercise with the drone 50 feet away, then 100 feet away.

then press the RTH button.
I do not know the RTH specifications for the Holystone Drones, but for DJI, the RTH function only works beyond 20-meters… My advice would be like yours, use the one touch launch, let it hover, BREATH several Deep Breaths, then use the one touch landing… L o L . . .

I see so many newbies who get entranced with the video feed and since they do not know how to fly the drone and which stick does what, that they fly backwards or sideways right into a wall or lift off right into the overhand of the roof…

I have a distinct cousin who was so excited to fly his new DJI Mini SE drone that when the battery was finally charge after dark, he put the battery in, the drone was on the kitchen table, and he hit the one-touch launch, and it took off right into the kitchen chandelier, busted the drone up as well as the chandelier. He did not buy the Care Refresh and by the time, he contacted me, it was too late and then he thought I could send his SE back under my Mini 2 Care Refresh. They have different serial numbers and I do not have a the SE model…

He is from the "low hanging fruit" side of the family tree…

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
synders3664