Holy Stone HS 720E Controller 6db Omnidirectional SMA Antenna Modification

OK... What's to be gained? Have you done this and if so did it work / was it worth it?

I did this mod and have full bars on what used to be my distance limit. Now do you know which antenna is wifi on the drone? There is a small wire that hangs out on the left rear arm, and a long black wire that runs the distance in the same arm, all the way up to the prop motor. I would like to install a small wifi antenna on the drone to get better reception from my tablet, but I dont know which antenna is which.

Reactions: TJay
Excellent idea, thanks. It occurred to me that you could splice off of the active antenna wire and use the "dummy" antenna slot for the 6db SMA Antenna Mod? Then you would have 2 active antennas. There shouldn't be any conflict, and you might transmit even further?

I do not understand what the problem is, if it is a control panel? Native antennas are thrown out. The cable going to the native antenna is soldered to the SMA connector, which is attached to the remote control case. Then any 2.4 GHz band antenna is installed on it.

Attachments

• IMG_20221117_165631.jpg
    IMG_20221117_165631.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20221117_165655.jpg
    IMG_20221117_165655.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: henrymilligan
I do not understand what the problem is, if it is a control panel? Native antennas are thrown out. The cable going to the native antenna is soldered to the SMA connector, which is attached to the remote control case. Then any 2.4 GHz band antenna is installed on it.
I don't know what any of that mean but I'd love to know cause my drone get much distance

Я не знаю, что это значит, но я хотел бы знать, потому что мой дрон улетает на большое расстояние.
Мой пролетел 2 км с накладной антенной, что на втором фото слева. С родной антенной максимум 500 метров. Это в городе, где много помех. Дальность сильно зависит не только от антенны, но и от места пролета. За городом, где мало помех, будет намного дальше.
I don't know what any of that mean but I'd love to know cause my drone get much distance
Mine flew 2 kilometers with a patch antenna, which is in the second photo on the left. With a native antenna, a maximum of 500 meters. This is in the city, where there is a lot of interference. The range strongly depends not only on the antenna, but also on the location of the flights. Outside the city, where there is little interference, it will be much further.

Do you have video showing how to do this process cause I don't know how to rewire my antenna on my remote

Can not open video. My problem with controller is that I have Samsung galaxy S7 and can not stay with controller, It keep come loose. Now I have little bigger phone wonder will work or not. I have not fly drone over year and half.

Can not open video. My problem with controller is that I have Samsung galaxy S7 and can not stay with controller, It keep come loose. Now I have little bigger phone wonder will work or not. I have not fly drone over year and half.
Phone and controller are not connected in any way. They work independently. The controller transmits commands to the drone and receives telemetry from it using its own digital protocol at a frequency of 2.4 GHz. The phone receives video and telemetry and transmits settings and some commands to the drone via the WIFI protocol at a frequency of 5.8 GHz.

Reactions: Jack N Dixie
I will like to change my antenna for a bigger one for my remote control for a holy stone HS 720 drone like in the pictures you have a video of it from beginning to end please thank you

Hey if you can send me a video from beginning to end of how to install a bigger antenna for a remote control for a holy stone HS drone please thanks

How i can change the regular antenna and install a bigger antenna to my transmitter remote control for a holy stone HS drone any body knows and if you have a video of it from beginning to end please thank you

Hey you can send me a video of how you install a bigger antenna for a remote control for a holy stone HS drone please thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DRONEric