Hi there! Anyone here from Northwest England? Near Lancaster specifically??

Reaction score
Hello all..!

I'm George, 44, from just North of Lancaster, on the edge of the Lake District in the North-West of England.

I've been interested in RC my whole life and have had various cars (done a bit of racing), boats and planes, but nothing for the last few years. I have recently bought a DJI Mini 2, which I got for work, but am getting more interested in the hobby side of things. I've just ordered a drone mask for it. as I'd like to give fpv a go.

I'd really like to get into racing / freestyle/ general messing about, I realise I'll probably need a better drone but I don't know where to start. I found this forum while searching for local clubs..

If anyone knows any local meets, racing clubs or anything like that please let me know - or if there's anyone in the area. that would be interested in meeting up, flying, maybe offering me some advice on how to proceed in the hobby

P.S: I edited this to include my location in the title after I'd read through a few posts and the vast majority of people seem to be from America! Hoping there's a few members that are a bit more local to me!

Last edited:
Reactions: GFields
Hoping there's a few members that are a bit more local to me!

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA.

Since you live in the UK, there are specific laws and rules for you to follow, please check to ensure these are current.

One of the sister sites to this site is MavicPilots and it is very DJI specific… The link is at the bottom of this web page, you might want to give them a try… I am also very active there and there are a lot of active members in the UK…

Below is the link to all of the downloads offered by DJI for the Mini 2, including the User Manual.

After you read the Manual, read it again, you will be surprised what you missed the first time and you will be better prepared for that first "scary moment…"

Fly On and Fly Safe…

Reactions: GFields
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Reactions: LoudThunder
Thanks for the replies guys, I've posted another thread with a few more questions around getting a drone racing set up (I'm already pretty familiar with my mini 2 now)..

Reactions: LoudThunder

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
synders3664