HELP!!! Need to set up KK2.1.5 board after severe crash

Ashwin_G

Reaction score
Hi mates!
I am a newbie in the world of drones , i learned to fly drones by flying a toy quad , it was a 6-Axis Gyro HX763 drone , once i became familiar with its controls , I built a F450 drone using KK2.1.5 flight controller boards with 1000 kv BLDC motors (A2212/13T) and a Flysky CT6B Receiver - Transmitter.

My first flight was a crash that cracked the pcb , broke 2 legs of the frame , cracked the other 2 legs and shattered 2 propellers.....

......at first it was stable , as I increased the throttle , the drone climbed but suddenly , without the throttle , it started climbing on its own and out of fear i completely lowerd the throttle at minimum where the motors still provide minimum thrust , but the drone just stopped mid air , fell down , and crashed

IDK if this is normal or my mistake , i did not fly my drone again , i made a aluminium frame in hopes of replacing the original plastic frame legs , i used old cardboard for landing gear.....

I suspect that i did not set the KK2.1.5 properly , if that is the problem , can you guys provide suggestions on how to set the KK2.1.5 board or if there are any other possible problems , kindly point it out too..

i have prepared the new frame , this time I want to fly properly , hence i did not fix the flight controller , i am reading all the settings and datasheet of the board , your suggestions would be really useful for me 😃

thank you very much for reading till the end !

Attachments

• Drones.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 2
As you have discovered, there are two ways of controlling helicopter and drones. The old-fashioned way uses a joystick which is not spring-loaded. Bottom position is zero power, pushing the joystick up results in more power being applied to the motor. For winged aircraft this makes the plane fly faster, for helicopters and drones it makes the model gain height, and carry on gaining height. If you push the stick down again the model descends and carries on descending. The trick is to find the position at which the model stays at a level height. The new-fangled way uses a joystick spring-loaded to the centre and puts the joystick signal through a computer. If you push the lever upwards the model gains height, but stays at the new height when you let go. This is, of course, much easier for the beginner.

It sounds as if your system went into old-fashioned mode. Turning off the motor completely is OK for a winged aircraft but a total disaster for helicopter or drone, which rely on quite a lot of power to remain aloft (unless, as in full-sized helicopters, the pilot can adjust the pitch of the blades to enable unpowered controlled descent).

EDIT looking at your videos, I now wonder about a much simpler explanation. You were flying next to a tall building, and it is possible that your model was caught in an up-draft. Your minimum motor speed, though, should have been set a bit higher.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwest