Getting into FPV

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Daniel and I have a YouTube channel called Williams cinematics. I currently use a DJI Spark and Mavic Air. I love to make them go fast and get beautiful shots with them. I have been inspired lately by Johnny FPV and would like to start learning and flying FPV. I would like to keep it cheaper at first to see if I like it. I’ve heard from many that I should start out in a simulator and then go from there. Is that correct? What is the best simulator to use?

Yes. Get a decent radio like a Taranis X9D $200. That will probably be the last radio you’ll ever need. You can instead get a Taranis Q7X which is about $100 USD. Also a good radio with only slightly less options.
A good simulator is Velocidrone $20. Download it online.
Don’t get discouraged. It’s pretty difficult at first. At least it was for me. But after 2 weeks you’ll be pretty good and know if you like FPV.
If you do, you’ll need goggles and a quad. I’d recommend the Eachine EV800D goggles. $100. They are good and not too to crazy in price. Right now Companies making goggles are all gearing up to come out with new stuff so by the time you want to upgrade the new models will be out and less money. Although you may never want to upgrade at all. Keep in mind high end goggles cost $600-900.
As far as a quad the Emax Tinyhawk is what most people start with. $90. It flies well and can take multiple crashes. You also will not hurt anyone or break anything. It can be flown in your house.
FPV is very different from flying a DJI quad. It’s much more challenging but also much more fun. Good luck.

Reactions: Williams Cinematics

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordyy