drone testing

Reaction score
If you had a tech start-up that needed to rapidly iterate on your drone designs, would you use a service that provided super easy access to places and permissions to fly?

-Four grad students with a start-up idea

I doubt it. The only possible exception could an FRIA field where companies wouldn't have to bother with remote ID. Howerev, since anyone can buy a remote ID module that can be attached to any aircraft/drone, why would they bother packing everything up and transporting it to a FRIA location. Unfortunately the FAA hasn't approved any new FRIA applications for quite some time so it's really a moot point. Most companies will have a manufacturing facility and unless it's inside controlled airspace, they would just test new models on their own property.

I doubt it. The only possible exception could an FRIA field where companies wouldn't have to bother with remote ID. Howerev, since anyone can buy a remote ID module that can be attached to any aircraft/drone, why would they bother packing everything up and transporting it to a FRIA location. Unfortunately the FAA hasn't approved any new FRIA applications for quite some time so it's really a moot point. Most companies will have a manufacturing facility and unless it's inside controlled airspace, they would just test new models on their own property.
Hi Brutalwarpig,

Thank you for your reply!

As for our testing service, our target customers are small and middle size drone companies. From our research, observation and interviews, we realize that they lack the access to fast test and iterate their prototypes. We hope to take care of the testing stage of their business so that they can focus more on their core business, like design.

Appreciate on any comments on our business idea!

From your initial question, it appeared that you were offering only a testing location. Testing and design development assistance is a different matter. I bet there would be a market for that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dan19635