Drone suggestions for VR setup

pedz

Reaction score
Website
why-not-photography.com
I am looking for suggestions of a drone. I assume it will not be cheap.

I want to put a Canon EOS R5 C with the dual fisheye lens on it, plus batteries, etc. The weight will be at least 1600 grams so lets figure 3200 grams.

My idea is to fly low and slow down scenic rivers, trails -- maybe streets -- capturing video and then editing it with soft pleasant music. The target is virtual reality set ups like Oculus.

It is likely that I will need a second camera to use when I am piloting and I assume this will get a bit complex but right now, I'm just looking for a base drone or a methodology of building a drone that can lift 3 or more kilograms weight. For us Americans, that's about 7 pounds.

I have considered trying to do this with just a nimble but I think a drone will be much more versatile and produce more stable footage. There will be many factors to consider. A more compact drone will be better for tight spaces which I think will produce more interesting VR videos. The amount of noise produced will also be a factor to consider. And, of course, the cost will be a major factor.

I have used drones since the Inspire 1 came out. I currently have two DJI drones. So... I think I know, more or less, what I'm getting into but this will be the first time I've seriously tried to use a drone rather than just play with them as toys.

• Wow
Reactions: LoudThunder

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Madu Barbosa