*AMERICANS! DO NOT BUY A FIMI X8 PRO DIRECT FROM FIMI, CHINA OR ANY FOREIGN WEBSITE. Remote ID not on the FAA approved list.. Paypal will not protect.

BMW DRONER

Reaction score
***AMERICANS! DO NOT BUY A FIMI X8 PRO DIRECT FROM FIMI, CHINA OR ANY FOREIGN WEBSITE*****

I purchased two FIMI X8 PRO drones from FIMI TECHNOLOGY directly and they were both defective upon taking it out of the box, leaving me at a loss of $1300.00 US Dollars. Even with the standard controller, the transmission and the FPV display is terrible. It is extremely pixelated, jello_like, and the image is skipping. The image is also the same when recorded on the SD card. Even worst when you pair it with a TX10A Controller. There is nothing but jello_like images on the screen and the camera seems to be overfilled with EV discrepancies. PLAINLY STATED, THE CAMERA IS NO GOOD. It is 100 TIMES WORST THAT THE FIMI X8 SE 2022 V2. There is a bad batch of drones that FIMI has manufactured and are still selling it to consumers as if it was fully functional. The scam is that when a consumer from another country purchases direct from FIMI and has product issues, FIMI will require them to conduct several tests or pay $450.00 US currency to return the $600.00 drone. All at your expense. PAYPAL WILL NOT PROTECT YOU. THEY WILL SIDE WITH THE VENDER BECAUSE THEY WILL AGREE TO SWITCH THE FUSELAGE ONLY IF YOU SHIP THE DAMAGED ONE BACK. Why would i pay 3/4th the cost of the drone to ship it back? I am warning all Americans that this company is not to be trusted. ALSO THEY CLAIM THAT THE X8PRO AND THE X8 SE 2022 V2 HAS REMOTE ID. HOWEVER IT IS NOT ON THE FAA's LIST OF APPROVED DRONES NOR ARE YOU ABLE TO REGISTER IT AS HAVING REMOTE ID ON THE FAA WEBSITE. DO NOT GET STUCK WITH THIS FALSELY ADVERTIZED ITEM. This is the reason why they have not yet started selling the defective product on Amazon. Fimi Technology will request the Blackbox information and then claim to not find any issues, thereby leaving the customer at a loss for their finances. The poor performance of the product may also be the reason why there aren't much reviews of this particular item on the internet nor YouTube. THEY RECENTLY REACHED OUT TO A YOUTUBER NAMED ALIEN DRONES seeking a review FOR THE X8 PRO. HOWEVER IT does not hide the dishonesty. I called China directly several times from the USA and spoke with a representative named Amy and she had more of a NASTY attitude. I AM CURRENTLY IN THE PROCESS OF COMMUNICATING WITH The US department of consumer Affairs and also Amazon so that this Defective product does not make it to the United states.

They will keep your money.

Date of experience: November 29th 2023 andDecember 29, 2023

• Sad
Reactions: Mrprop
I am more than a little worried. I just purchased an X8 Pro from the FIMI Offical Store 3 days ago. I decided to get the TX10A package along with an additional battery. ($815.00). I used my Capitol One Visa through paypal because this offered 2 layers of buyer protection. So, hopefully if there is a problem, i at least have a chance of getting my money back. I hadn't found the DronePilots website at that time and the only seemingly reputable review i could find was AlienDrones Youtube review which was very positive. The megaphone/package release module was included in the package as well. The package is still in transit. I'm fairly new to drones and the only other drones i own are DJI Mavic Mini and Mavic Mini 3 Pro. The first mini has the regular controller and i opted for the RC1 with the Mini 3. Of course the DJI products are rock solid. The reason I purchased the X8 Pro was that I wanted a DJI air or mavic size drone without having to spend $2000 to $4,000. Since DJI nearly has a monopoly on the market they can charge high prices. Supporting other quality drone manufactures should expand the market, drive innovation and lower prices. This was the other reason i purchased the X8 Pro. I hope FIMI has burnt through the bad X8 Pros and that i get a good one. It sucks that some of you have received bad units. Has anyone used Visa's buyer protection policy to get a refund or good replacement?

I am more than a little worried. I just purchased an X8 Pro from the FIMI Offical Store 3 days ago. I decided to get the TX10A package along with an additional battery. ($815.00). I used my Capitol One Visa through paypal because this offered 2 layers of buyer protection. So, hopefully if there is a problem, i at least have a chance of getting my money back. I hadn't found the DronePilots website at that time and the only seemingly reputable review i could find was AlienDrones Youtube review which was very positive. The megaphone/package release module was included in the package as well. The package is still in transit. I'm fairly new to drones and the only other drones i own are DJI Mavic Mini and Mavic Mini 3 Pro. The first mini has the regular controller and i opted for the RC1 with the Mini 3. Of course the DJI products are rock solid. The reason I purchased the X8 Pro was that I wanted a DJI air or mavic size drone without having to spend $2000 to $4,000. Since DJI nearly has a monopoly on the market they can charge high prices. Supporting other quality drone manufactures should expand the market, drive innovation and lower prices. This was the other reason i purchased the X8 Pro. I hope FIMI has burnt through the bad X8 Pros and that i get a good one. It sucks that some of you have received bad units. Has anyone used Visa's buyer protection policy to get a refund or good replacement?
Thank you for responding to my post. I truly hope that you didn't receive 2 lemons like I did. If you have any issues please reach back out to me.

Dealing with lesser known brands demonstrates why DJI owns 75% of the market. I purchased the X8 Pro with the TX10A controller. When I first powered everything on, I had no image from the main camera and no downward vision system or obstacle detection. After Messing around with various settings and re-pairing the controller to the drone, I was able to establish the video link. The image is pretty good so far. GPS works but I still have no downward vision or obstacle avoidance. A warning pops up on the screen saying to check for a dirty or damaged downward vision system camera. I just downloaded an update for the NAVI app but so far I can't get the drone and controller to communicate through a wired USB connection. So I don't know if the update will fix anything or not. Of course today is the first day of the Chinese new year and most business are closed for 10 days. I sent FIMI support an email about the problem but no response yet.
Any ideas?

Dealing with lesser known brands demonstrates why DJI owns 75% of the market. I purchased the X8 Pro with the TX10A controller. When I first powered everything on, I had no image from the main camera and no downward vision system or obstacle detection. After Messing around with various settings and re-pairing the controller to the drone, I was able to establish the video link. The image is pretty good so far. GPS works but I still have no downward vision or obstacle avoidance. A warning pops up on the screen saying to check for a dirty or damaged downward vision system camera. I just downloaded an update for the NAVI app but so far I can't get the drone and controller to communicate through a wired USB connection. So I don't know if the update will fix anything or not. Of course today is the first day of the Chinese new year and most business are closed for 10 days. I sent FIMI support an email about the problem but no response yet.
Any ideas?
Hi. Sorry that you too have become victimized. To start, what is the manufactured month and year listed on your drone? Secondly, what website did you purchase it from?

Hi, well I still did not get a refund. So I am still stuck. Will wait to see if there will be some kind of firmware update to fix. Other than that I will continue to work work with DCA, FTC and the FAA about the fraud and dishonesty of the company.

I am having the same "skipping" on the video. Both the feed and the recorded images on the SD card. I used a U3 micro SD card and thought I was just experiencing transmission latency issues. Have you downloaded their windows toolbox and tried updating the controller and drone that way? The image I get is good but the skipping sucks. I'm waiting for FIMI support to get back to me. Due to the Chinese new year holiday.

I am having the same "skipping" on the video. Both the feed and the recorded images on the SD card. I used a U3 micro SD card and thought I was just experiencing transmission latency issues. Have you downloaded their windows toolbox and tried updating the controller and drone that way? The image I get is good but the skipping sucks. I'm waiting for FIMI support to get back to me. Due to the Chinese new year holiday.
What is the manufacturer date on the inside of your fuselage?

Hello again,
Recently a Canadian YouTuber by the name of Captain Drone gave me the advice that when contacting smaller Chinese companies support departments. He had much more success by carefully and concisely writing his issues in English then using an app to translate the message to Chinese before sending the email. I have been sending emails to [email protected] for almost 3 weeks with no reply or only automated replies. Last night I took Captaindrone's advice used an app to translate my problem emails to Chinese. I got a reply from a FIMI engineer in 30 minutes!
Maybe this could help you.

Reactions: Skydreamer
Hello again,
Recently a Canadian YouTuber by the name of Captain Drone gave me the advice that when contacting smaller Chinese companies support departments. He had much more success by carefully and concisely writing his issues in English then using an app to translate the message to Chinese before sending the email. I have been sending emails to [email protected] for almost 3 weeks with no reply or only automated replies. Last night I took Captaindrone's advice used an app to translate my problem emails to Chinese. I got a reply from a FIMI engineer in 30 minutes!
Maybe this could help you.
Thanks for your response. However, my issue had nothing to do with communication as they comprehended quite well. The issue was their level of honesty and customer service. I called China and they speak English at that company quite well.

The true issue is that FIMI manufactured a batch of bad drones in 2023.10. Instead of resolving the issue honestly, they are still selling it to US consumers. I can almost guarantee you that if you were to look inside of your fuselage your manufactured date is 2023.10.

Last week I took another chance and purchased from FIMIUAV and I received another bad drone with the same manufactured date of 2023.10. That is a total of 3 bad drones I got totalling about $2100.00. I am such an idiot. Smh.

If you were to read my initial post carefully you would understand. Just wait and you will see. I hope you get your issues resolved.

However if you want to team up with me to put a stop to FIMI I am here. GOOD LICK TO YOU AND YOUR ENDEAVORS.

You and I are a lot alike. I also purchased another Fimi X8. However this time I purchased an X8 2022 SE V2 and I purchased it on Amazon. I did this because Amazon handles returns during the first 30 days regardless of what the manufacturer does. Also my problem seems to be more with the TX10A remote controller than the drone. My X8 Pro was manufactured November 2023. I thought I was having camera problems because even when I downloaded video from the drone to the micro SD card in the remote controller, the video would play for 2 seconds then freeze. It did this over and over even on the lowest resolution and quality settings. I removed the micro SD card, inserted it into my PC and had the same results. That is until I downloaded a HEVC (High Efficiency Video Coding) codec to my PC. Now the MP4 video files from my X8 Pro play smoothly. I purchased the X8 2022 SE V2 because my TX10A controller can also control the 2022 drone. I needed to understand if my problem was the X8 Pro, the TX10A or both. First I flew the X8 2022 V2 with the included standard controller and it flew great with a clear and smooth video stream on the generic Android 7" tablet I was using. Next I paired the X8 2022 with my TX10A controller. The constant image freezing problem was still present. Now I know the problems I've been having are isolated to the TX10A RC. I opened a dispute through PayPal which is still open. I used email for my communications with Fimi because they serve as evidence should I have to escalate the dispute. I have asked Fimi to send a replacement TX10A RC or to give me a refund equal to the stand alone purchase price of a TX10A remote controller. I am currently awaiting their response. Today I made a video about my experiences and disappointments with the X8 Pro and TX10A RC. I posted it on YouTube . I also made a new thread on this forum with a link to the video if anyone wants to view it. Have you tried inserting the micro SD card from your X8 Pro into your computer? Does the problem persist when you? If I come across any info that may help you I will be sure to share it with you. Best of luck finding a resolution.

You and I are a lot alike. I also purchased another Fimi X8. However this time I purchased an X8 2022 SE V2 and I purchased it on Amazon. I did this because Amazon handles returns during the first 30 days regardless of what the manufacturer does. Also my problem seems to be more with the TX10A remote controller than the drone. My X8 Pro was manufactured November 2023. I thought I was having camera problems because even when I downloaded video from the drone to the micro SD card in the remote controller, the video would play for 2 seconds then freeze. It did this over and over even on the lowest resolution and quality settings. I removed the micro SD card, inserted it into my PC and had the same results. That is until I downloaded a HEVC (High Efficiency Video Coding) codec to my PC. Now the MP4 video files from my X8 Pro play smoothly. I purchased the X8 2022 SE V2 because my TX10A controller can also control the 2022 drone. I needed to understand if my problem was the X8 Pro, the TX10A or both. First I flew the X8 2022 V2 with the included standard controller and it flew great with a clear and smooth video stream on the generic Android 7" tablet I was using. Next I paired the X8 2022 with my TX10A controller. The constant image freezing problem was still present. Now I know the problems I've been having are isolated to the TX10A RC. I opened a dispute through PayPal which is still open. I used email for my communications with Fimi because they serve as evidence should I have to escalate the dispute. I have asked Fimi to send a replacement TX10A RC or to give me a refund equal to the stand alone purchase price of a TX10A remote controller. I am currently awaiting their response. Today I made a video about my experiences and disappointments with the X8 Pro and TX10A RC. I posted it on YouTube . I also made a new thread on this forum with a link to the video if anyone wants to view it. Have you tried inserting the micro SD card from your X8 Pro into your computer? Does the problem persist when you? If I come across any info that may help you I will be sure to share it with you. Best of luck finding a resolution.
Hello. Sorry to hear about your issue. What website did you purchase from? I got 2 defective drones from fimi.com and 1 from fimiuav.com. I currently have disputes open. I too screenshotted my conversation to prove that I was scammed. Thank you for the support and understanding.

Can you please share the YouTube link with me?

I bought my X8 Pro from The Official Fimi Store. Here is the link to the YouTube video I made about my experiences and issues with the X8 Pro and TX10A controller.

I bought my X8 Pro from The Official Fimi Store. Here is the link to the YouTube video I made about my experiences and issues with the X8 Pro and TX10A controller.

Checking it out now. I will reply when finished.

Perfect video. Perfect explanation. I have 1 TX10 controller that takes a sim card and 2 TX10A controllers. They all work perfectly with my X8 2022 V2. I can assure you that the issue is also the drone as I too have the standard controller for the X8 Pro and the fpv transmissions and recordings even after the media conversion is a 0 out of 10. The refreshing is extremely pixelated and full of jello.

Again the issue with fimi is their generation of bad batches of drones and their dishonest sale to us the USA consumers. If you are saying that the X8 2022 V2 is skipping with the TX10A controller that must mean that they are in fact manufacturing bad drones and using the same bad technology for the image transmissions. I baught my first TX10A controller the first week it hit the market almost a year ago and it works great with my 2022 V2. When was your controller and the Fimi 2022 v2 drone manufacturerd? If I was to guess, I would say both right around the end of 2023. Please let me know.

Last edited:
Well you were right. FIMI customer service refuses to honor their warranty or give any explanation as to why they falsely advertise that their X8 drones are legal to operate in the U.S. I basically informed FIMI that I would use my YouTube channel, Google reviews, Amazon Reviews to let as many people as possible know that FIMI does not honor their warranty and that their X8 Pro drones are garbage. I will also inform the FAA of these issues. The remote is number the drone broadcasts changes each time I turn it on. I imagine that the FAA has turned them down.
No I haven't tried the windows toolbox yet.

Well you were right. FIMI customer service refuses to honor their warranty or give any explanation as to why they falsely advertise that their X8 drones are legal to operate in the U.S. I basically informed FIMI that I would use my YouTube channel, Google reviews, Amazon Reviews to let as many people as possible know that FIMI does not honor their warranty and that their X8 Pro drones are garbage. I will also inform the FAA of these issues. The remote is number the drone broadcasts changes each time I turn it on. I imagine that the FAA has turned them down.
No I haven't tried the windows toolbox yet.
I told you man. As stated before if you want to work on this together we can. I believe that if you and I reach out to paypal and share the story we can get them involved. I believe that the US may in fact have rejected their involvement this way. I think that the idea of using your YouTube channel is awesome. You could also share my experience as a reference. I am actually going to post my initial message as a comment on your YouTube channel so that we could start sending the message out there. What do you want to do?

Last edited:
Reactions: Brutalwarpig

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snooked